Monday, January 5, 2009

Agua



My truck broke down on the way home last Saturday, the radiator emptied itself, and I was completely out of water. I was on the side of the road for quite awhile, watching the traffic zip by, hoping a Road Ranger would come along and fill me up. I was on I-4, one of the busiest roads in Central Florida, only two and a half miles from my house.

I was looking down into the bed of my truck, counting all the pennies I've found on the street lately, and when I looked up a van was pulling up behind me. "A Good Samaritan!" I thought. I walked to the van and thanked the man for stopping.

"Miami?" he asked, as he motioned forward with his hand.

"No, you have to turn around to get to Miami," I said, and proceeded to give him more explicit directions, while he sat there looking at me.

"Do you have any water?" I asked, when I finished.

"Huh?"

"Water?" I repeated.

"Aqua?" he said, as he picked up and shook at 4 oz bottle of spring water.

What a riot! He had no intention of helping, he just wanted directions to Miami, and he couldn't understand a word I said!!

I was rescued shortly after that.

LOL

3 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

What a funny story---well only funny cuz it wasn't me. But it is funny--more funny peculiar than funny haha. I am glad you got rescued before too long.
Great shot of 'water water everywhere'...............MB

Flying Solo said...

This is the best photo I ever saw about water!

Next time make sure your truck breake nexto it.

Anonymous said...

Terrific Photo. Glad you finally got rescued.