Friday, November 28, 2008

They've Arrived





I was driving by the lake this morning, on Lakeshore Drive, and noticed more birds floating in the water than I have ever seen before, so I pulled over and got a few shots. At first I thought they were ducks, but it turns out they are Coots. There were even more of them on the Neptune Road side of the lake, but I wasn't able to shoot them there. Apparently they winter in Florida, not unlike the lovely retirees that come down every year, known as Snow Birds.

3 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Maybe they are actually some of the lovely retirees who have morphed into 'old coots'.
Well, ya never know. MB

Janice Thomson said...

I love the way these guys 'run' on the water - it's neat to watch. Great shots George.

Uma por Dia said...

Make sure that next time you call them to the golf couse.